The Sunshine State has welcomed for the last nearly fifteen years. However, Florida is a very large or better said long state. I'm based in South Florida outside of Fort Lauderdale. Although I have made various visits to Orlando, I wanted to ask a friend and peer travel traveler, Dennis Little, to share with us his travel tips and must-sees in Orlando. He is an expat living in Central Florida with more insider tips that I.
Take it away Dennis with Ten Things to Do in Orlando, Florida!
Orlando has become famous because it is home to some of the world’s best theme parks. However, this Central Florida city is a place that has much more to offer than this. If you are planning on visiting Orlando, read on to discover ten of the best things to do while you are there.
- Enjoy the theme parks - We may as well start by getting the obvious out of the way. There are many amazing theme parks in Florida. Of course, Disney World’s first ever theme park is the main attraction in this regard. However, other options include Universal Island of Adventure, Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, Legoland, and Discovery Cove.
- Take the Forever Florida Coach Tour - This is a great way to experience the amazing Forever Florida Nature reserve. You will get to see the likes of wild turkeys, whitetail deer, turtles, alligators, and black bears.
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition _ If you are a history buff, or you simply love the film, this is a must-see. The tour enables you to see actual artifacts that have been recovered from the ship.
- Stay in one of the beautiful holiday homes - A lot of people only consider hotels when booking a trip to Orlando. However, Orlando vacation rental homes will take your breath away. Staying in one of these places will add an extra touch of fun and luxury to your stay.
- Winter Park Scenic Boat Tours - Another great way to tour this part of the world is by taking one of the boat tours, which leave every hour on the hour. You will get to experience the pristine Chain of Lakes, which can be a nice activity after a day of thrill-seeking around the theme parks.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! - This is a collection of one of a kind items, rare items, and oddities, from a Tibetan skull to an authentic vampire killing kit.
- The Cirque Magique Dinner Show - This is a great spot for families. You can enjoy your dinner while watching an interactive theatre show, including acrobats, clowns, and a comedy magician.
- Madame Tussauds - This is another attraction that you should try to incorporate into your holiday. With all of the realistic and life-sized wax figures, it’s selfie heaven!
- WonderWorks - If you are travelling to Orlando with young children, this is an attraction that will go down well thanks to the hundreds of science exhibits.
- Gatorland - Last but not least, we have Gatorland, which is known as the Alligator Capital of the World. If you really want to get a feel for Everglades animals, culture, and nature, this is a wildlife preserve that must be on your to-do list.
As you can see, there is certainly a lot to see and do while you are in Orlando. If you are planning on visiting this part of Florida, it is a good idea to book some tickets in advance so you can secure discounts and ensure you don’t miss out on the most popular tourist attractions.
**Post contributed by Dennis Little, a U.K. expat living in the Sunshine State of Florida.**